Roman Catholic Church & Convent Bus Station Rowcroft Medical Centre Beeches Green Health Centre McDonalds St Rose's School The Hill Badbrook House Badbrook Mill
GRO The Hill IMG 0932
What: Historic House
Where: GL5 1QD  Up the Hill road, at the south end of Merrywalks
Then: The early gabled part of the house was built in 1634 by Thomas Webb.of Webb's Charity, and the house was remodelled over the years.
Now: Architectural practice, part of the house is used as a Masonic Hall

Hill House remained in the Webb family until 1800, when it was sold to Thomas Holbrow of nearby Badbrook House. During the 19th century, the house was enlarged and remodelled so that the entrance front faced south-east. The Hill was the residence of several leading Stroud businessmen, including James Dallaway (d.1787) and Henry Holloway, who lived here in 1879. In 1963, the house was extended again by Peter Falconer as offices for his architectural practice.

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society

Revised 2018 EMW