Upper Ganicox Lower Gannicox Dirleton House Far Hill Hill Paul Wallbridge House/Wallbridge Mill Lodgemore Mill Stroud Brewery/Stroud & Swindon Building Society Canal Company Agent's House Fromehall Mills Gas Works
What: Historic building
Where: GL5 4EX   Cainscross Road
Then: Gentry house built in the early 18th Century
Now: The house is now part of St Luke's Trust

In the early 18th century, Gannicox (later called Lower Gannicox) belonged to Thomas Bond. After his death it passed to his brother Henry (d.1757), who was curate of Stroud, and then his nephew William Knight, a London banker, who died in 1786.

The present house is a three-storey building which was built in the late 18th century. It has been suggested that the architect may have been Anthony Keck, but there is no documentary evidence for this. The long brick south front was originally symmetrical, and has a central pediment and canted bay-windows at each end. The doorway was moved to one side later, and it is likely that the wings either side of the pedimented centre were originally of only two storeys.

In 1971, Lower Gannicox was a nursing home. 

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society