Upper Ganicox Lower Gannicox Dirleton House Far Hill Hill Paul Wallbridge House/Wallbridge Mill Lodgemore Mill Stroud Brewery/Stroud & Swindon Building Society Canal Company Agent's House Fromehall Mills Gas Works

Over the years, Wallbridge has certainly changed out of all recognition. The reason for most of this is due to the changes in transport over the years.

In 1779, the Stroudwater canal opened and terminated at Wallbridge, until 1789, when a basin and two locks were built, to accommodate a junction with the Thames and Severn canal. In 1954, this basin was later filled in. The Canal Company Agent's House (HQ of the Stroudwater Canal 1797) still survives today.

In 1885, the Midland railway went across Wallbridge by viaduct, part of which still survives. Then in 1825, the Cainscross Road opened, giving Stroud a more direct route. Stroud's southern bypass, Dr Newton's Way, was built on the site of the former railway in the 1980s.

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society