The Grove/Hawkwood College Salmons Spring Mill & Brewery All Saints Church New Mills The Birches The Granges All Saints Centre Park Gardens Uplands House Old Police Station Little & Slad Mills Hawthorn Cottage
SH All Saints Centre by kind permission of Sue Harrsion
What: A former school
Where: GL5 1TR  On Springfield Road
Then: Stroudend School, opened in 1872
Now: A Day Centre and Community Hall

All Saints Centre was built as the Stroudend School. When it opened sixteen pupils were enrolled. It was enlarged in 1880, but was still not large enough to serve the growing population of the area.

In 1899, a new school was built, and the old building became the Uplands Sunday School and was also used as a community centre. Between 1943 and 1988, the school again made use of it for P.E. lessons and as the school canteen.


In 1990, it became an Old People's Day Centre, and after extensive building work it is now run by the Uplands Care Service and can be used for other community functions.

Revised 2018 EMW


From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society