Inns Meeting Places Parks Library & Museum Theatres & Cinemas Clubs & Societies Friendly Societies

In the late 1800s, both public amenities were established in Lansdown. The library was started in 1888, and then became part of the County Councils Library in 1920. In 1968, a new library was built next to the old library building.

 SLHS website - Library

The Museum was founded in 1899 with a bequest from William Cowle. Originally part of the School of Science and Art, the Museum outgrew its premises and relocated to Stratford Park.

 From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society

GRO Stroud School of Art (housing original Museum) IMG 1421
GRO Stroud library IMG 1595