Thrupp House The Thrupp Griffin's Mill Stafford's Mill Brimscombe Court Ham Mill Phoenix Iron Works

Thrupp means "an outlying, secondary farmstead", which is exactly what it was when it was first recorded in 1261. Although a number of mills grew up along the River Frome, the settlement did not really expand until the building of the new London road in 1814, along the valley bottom.

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society